Hello again (am I repeating myself?), hope eveyone is well. I thought I would stop by and drop a quick note about Almura 3.0.
Here's what I know:
- Planning a dev build of Almura 3.0 around July 1st, 2016. Maybe 9/1/2016?
- Almura 3.0 will be Forge / Minecraft version 1.9.4 1.10.x or higher.
- Almura 3.0 will be ran on a SpongeForge server.
- Almura 3.0 will be a CLEAN server except for the world "Asgard".
- Almura 3.0 will be a beta server for SpongeForge so expect bugs.
- Almura 3.0 will NOT have the other worlds right away such as Faerun, Tollana, Keystone at its initial launch.
- Almura 3.0 will be available to previous donators first as the server will be missing area protections, permissions will be lacking. Therefore only "trusted" people will be allowed on right away. Those who abuse that ability will be banned for causing headaches.
Here's what I know regarding plugins and mods:
- We are going back to the basics of Almura so the following mods which are currently on Almura 2.0 will not be on the new 3.0:
- Applied Energistics (abandoned by developer).
- Bibliocraft (not updated by dev, but not abandoned).
- Big Reactors (abandoned by developer).
- Buildcraft (we are not doing industrial setup at launch).
- Carpenter Blocks (not updated by dev, but not abandoned).
- CompactSolars (we are not doing industrial setup at launch).
- IndustrialCraft (we are not doing industrial setup at launch).
- MinefactoryReloaded (abandoned by dev).
- Thermal Foundation, Expansion, Dynamics (abandoned by dev).
- Thaumcraft (not updated to 1.10.x yet, also, not sure if we want this headache back). (closed source)
- NotEnoughItems (abandoned by developer).
- Railcraft (not updated yet, but also not abandoned).
- We are planning the following plugins and mods:
- Project Worlds
- Project Portals
- Project Inventories
- PEX 2.0
- Grief Prevention (written by bloodmc)
- JobsLite & this developers econ module
- EssentialsCMD's OR Nucleaus (same thing different developer) OR our own.
- Iron Chests.
- Custom NPC's
- CustomMob Spawners.
I would also like to add that I intend on putting Railcraft onto the server once it has been updated.
I have started working on getting a beta server up and running. Zidane and Grinch have been working on Almura's codebase which sadly some of it is a complete re-write which is why its taking so long.