We've taken the first step into getting our server migrated over to Sponge. One of our biggest problems has been getting rid of the Transporter bukkit plugin. Well I've modified the SGCraft mod to work for our needs.
The Transporter plugin is still active but will be eliminated soon. Everyone can build stargates with no restrictions. You will need to gather a mineral called naquadah. This new ore will populate in existing chunks so it is available everywhere.
For users who over use the /home command I recommend you get some stargates built. We will be soon limiting users to home specified home. The home command was never intended on being a teleportation command to every destination you could dream of.
As many of you know, Almura 3.0 has been a very long work in progress. Mojang completely changed the way models, graphics and pretty much all of the rendering works back in 1.8. Many of us on our team have been working tirelessly trying to get this update going. Within the past couple of week Zidane has made some break through progress on this process and we appear to be back up and running towards Almura 3.0 once again.
server will be ran in a SpongeForge 1.11.x environment.
a brand new user interface is being introduced into this version thanks to Grinch.
lots of work has been done on the crafting system including complicated food and drink recipes
will be including the following mods in the 3.0 distribution:
Carpenter Blocks (Hopefully, the developer is testing alpha builds)
Here's a few things that are in the planning stages and will hopefully be completed for the launch of 3.0:
brand new broker based economy system. You will purchase slots to place containers (chest) into a broker system. You will be able to visit cities/villages and players houses to purchase items. It will allow anyone anywhere to see what you have for sale.
brand new farming system attributes such as temperature killing crops, dry rot, and "dying in the field" because you didn't harvest them in time.
brand new farm animal attributes such as having a chicken lay eggs in a nest and wont wander off, removal of an animals ability to try and jump the fence they are standing next to. (We are already introducing the chance for farm animals to have "twins" if they are fed a certain type of feed.).
brand new model and block system. Since we are moving vastly into the future with Sponge our abilities to do special things with new blocks and internal systems like what we did with Cache has exploded. We will continue to introduce systems such as this.
Hello again, I pushed B129 this evening. Here's what is included:
- Added Salt ore and Salt chunks, salt ore will automatically generate in new chunks. - Added Glass Jar - Added Glass Cruet - Added the following crops: - Chives - Cilantro - Clove - Coffee Beans - Cumin - Dill - Peas - White Grapes - Peppercorn. - Added recipe to make Salt [shaker] (used in food recipes). - Added recipe to make Pepper [shaker] (used in food recipes). - Changed many food and drink recipes to include the usage of a Glass Jar and Cruets. - Added command /almura refreshskin to force a players skin to update. - Added Raw Marble and use this instead of Marble Ore in recipes.
- Fixed Thunder and Lightning storms, you should see and hear them again....
- Changed Caches so they display the cache name when empty but the name of the item inside of it when quantity > 0 - Added support for Wheat, Potatoes, Carrots and Cocoa to Farmers Almanac. - Fixed bug where caches were causing some folks to crash to desktop. - Fixed spelling error on Information Wand.
- Introduction of Player Caches - Introduction of Farmers Almanac.
Change Notes: - Farmland can now go dry again if no water source is near OR if its NOT raining. - Farmland will turn "fertile" if its raining. - Farmland will not revert to dirt it its completely dry. - Custom Crops now require ground to be fertile in order to go, thus they now require a water source. - Custom Crops will NOT grow in cold / frozen climates. - Custom Crops will now die if they don't have water.... - Custom Crops will now die if they get too cold.
- Farmland will NOT dry up if the biome they are in has a moisture of 0.6 or above.
I also fixed our Custom Crops not automatically growing when using Bonemeal.